We had an absolute blast in Clear Lake...it was beautiful weather...relaxing...and fun times with family, and some bass club friends!!! Oh did I ever mention the reason why we were taking the trip up there?! My dad fishes competitively for bass (catch & release)...and they have a two day tournament every year up in Clear Lake. Now my parents have been going every since I was in high school...but I think it was their getaway from us...lol...because we have never been with them! But this year we were invited to be a part of the fan club...to help cheer them on!!
Kayleigh did great for the 3 1/2 hour drive up there! I packed her little potty chair, because I was warned that there were not many bathrooms to stop at along the way...and with a potty trained/training toddler, that would be a lot to ask of her! I was actually amazed that she didn't even ask to go until we were like 20 minutes away...BUT we did limit liquids in the car...just got her a Starbucks "coffee" lol!!!
We arrived with time to head to the store to get a few more "supplies"...like a fishing pole for Miss Kayleigh...and a life jacket too!!
So weigh-in was near...and Papa (my dad) didn't know his little princess was there yet to greet him!! But he was sure happy to see her!! If you have never seen a weigh-in for a competitive fishing event...it goes by in kind of a blur...because they are trying to get the fish back into the water...but they weigh for "big fish"...the biggest fish each team caught...and then they weigh the total weight of all fish caught...I think my dad and uncle Ron ended up about 3rd after day 1.
The rest of the trip included a couples massage for me and Jeremiah...hanging out with my mom and aunt Cheryl...as well as the guys...shopping the cute little shops...and I even found a really cute little frame to put one of our photos done by Kris Lane Photography in...it is pink and blue and white (like a flag only the red is pink) and it says "my hero"! And of course the next day Kayleigh was patiently waiting for weigh-in so that she could ride on the boat!!! Overall it was a fun trip...and my dad and uncle Ron placed 3rd.
That's all for now...I will update about all the other crazy busy stuff that we have been up to...but for now, we are off to spend time together!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment