Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

I know for me, Memorial Day is a little more than just a 3-day weekend...more than a weekend to go camping, have a bbq or two...for me, Memorial Day is another day to give my thanks to all those, who have served and continue to serve for our freedom! Freedom that allows us to go camping and have those bbq's...for all the freedom's we enjoy today!

I like to think of myself as an "All American Girl"...growing up in America, proud to be an American, and then marrying a military man!! Being a military wife is sometimes hard, but you also feel like you are part of something greater. I know some people may not feel like it is a whole family sacrifice...but I think that it is! I may not have to go to all of the trainings, but I do have to stay home and be a single mommy. He may have to miss out on watching his little girl grow up, but she has to be without a daddy every time he has to leave. He may be the one who serves our country physically, but I am serving by supporting him...making sure that everything back home is okay, that the bills get paid, the house cleaned, our daughter fed...all so he doesn't have to worry about it! I am proud to be a Navy wife...and everything that comes with it!!


To my husband...thank you for all you do! Thank you for the sacrifices you make for people you don't even know! You are my hero and Kayleigh's too...it may not always be easy being a military wife, but know that I am here to support you!

So everyone, don't forget what this day is REALLY about!

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment