Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm Baaaaaack!!!

Can you believe it's been 1 year, 7 months and 6 days 
since the last time I have blogged?? 

Well it has...and believe me...life has still been just as crazy busy as it was before!

I mean, Kayleigh has turned three AND four since the last time I blogged...

Which means we have celebrated TWO Halloween's...
TWO Thanksgiving's and TWO Christmas'!!!

Oh and our family has expanded by TWO feet...

In fact that's the very reason I stopped blogging...

I didn't want to spill the beans!!!

The last day I blogged I found out I was pregnant with baby number two...

Photobucket

I quickly updated the blog...

Then went off in search of how I can tell Jeremiah when he got home from work!!!

After googling ideas, I decided I would make a little shirt for Kayleigh to wear...

It was PERFECT...and wouldn't you know it...

Jeremiah noticed right off the bat!!!

Photobucket

I had a pretty normal pregnancy.

Ya know...morning sickness for 16.5 weeks...

Sciatic nerves KILLING me...

Tired all. the. time...

But what happened at 26.5 weeks, was something we never saw coming...

I was admitted to the hospital and told that I wouldn't be leaving until I had a baby.

Photobucket

EXCUSE ME!!!!

I was JUST starting to show...I wanted to be fat and pregnant!!!

We didn't have the nursery all done...

 We had JUST found out that we were having a little girl...

What about my baby shower that my best friend was planning...

What about the BABY??? 

How in the world is a baby that was born SO soon going to make it?

It was the scariest moment of our lives!!!

I was diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia, 
and the doctors said the only way to get rid of it was to have the baby.

I was given betamethasone shots over a 24 hour period time
to help mature Juliana's lungs...

I was on magnesium for over a week (boy was that a blast)...

And just hours after I hit the 28 week mark
I was being rushed into emergency surgery for a c-section...

They had lost Juliana's heart beat for over 3 minutes
and my blood pressure went from 116/220 to 50/20... 

At 2:48am on April 3, 2011 Little Miss Juliana Marie was born...
 weighing a whopping 2lbs 0.4oz & was14.5 inches long...

Photobucket

We luckily had a very uneventful stay in the NICU...
Juliana came home after just 52 days...

That's almost a month before she was even due to enter this big ol' world!!!

Fast forward a year...and here we are!!!

One year ago TODAY, Juliana was released from the NICU!!!

I remember her Dr asking me "so what do you think about discharge tomorrow?"

OH I was SOOO excited!!!

I called up Jeremiah, who was at work, and told him...

We were both in shock that it was FINALLY time to bring our littlest princess home!!!

Photobucket

I'll be going back and updating past holidays, birthdays
and everything else that has been going on in our crazy busy life...

But for now...

I'm going to go celebrate the one year anniversary
of bringing our little miracle home!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah J said...

This is the greatest post I have read in a long time! Glad to see you blogging again! :) And especially glad to see such a happy amazing post for your smallest princess!!

Krystal said...

aww thank you SO much Sarah!!

Post a Comment